05 Mustang

I noticed the 05 has a 4.6L v-8. Didn't Ford put 5.0L in them a couple years ago? The 4.6 has 300 HP, what was the HP of the 5.0L?

Thanks Hank

Reply to
Ninebal310

I believe 94 was the first year the mustang got the 4.6? Ford first introduced the basic motor in the Towncar in 91. The CrownVic in 92.

The 5.0HO was around in the late 80's early 90's for the stang. IIRC the HP on my friends 88 5.0 when he got it was around 230.

Reply to
Mark

Mustang has had the iron SOHC 4.6 260 HP V8 for five years or more. The all new 2005 has the aluminum SOHC 4.6 300 HP 3 valve motor that out performs the pre 1994 5.0 OHV V8 and still gets 25 MPG. The 2005 is an awesome car. There is nothing that even comes close to it in performance and size at its 24K price. The convertible will be introduced a the LA International car show, with production to start in February. I have a loaded GT convertible on order, should have it by March, that lists for around $5,000 LESS than the small FWD V6 convertibles from Camry/Solara and Chrysler ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
MajorDomo

mike, I've seen a few of the '05s, they are enough to give a 95 year old man a woody. I haven't heard about the 3 valve aluminum 4.6 though. Can you tell me a little more about it? I really haven't kept up with recent engine developments lately. When did the aluminum block appear and are the valves 1 intake and 2 exhaust or the other way around? Any idea why not 4 valves, 2 and 2? This sounds like a cool engine. Tom

Reply to
Tom Adkins

I'll be 79 in March, around the time I get the car, I'll let you know about the woodie. The three vales, two exhaust, can be worked off one cam, to keep costs down. This will be my fourth GT, 99, 01, 03. The 40 more horses in the 2005 feels like 100 more, with the new five speed, in the coupe he left me use over the weekend.

I had been buying Toyotas for years and bought three V8 Lexus'. In August of 99 I went to buy another and the dealer would not give me a good deal so I decide to shop. I ended up down the street at the Lincoln dealer. Those guys were great. I bought the first 2002 RWD LS V8 that just came in for $25,000 less than the Lexus dealer wanted for a 2001 Lexus. I spent the 25K on a red GT convertible that was sitting on the showroom floor. Since then I bought a 2003 LS, and in October I bought a 2005 LS and ordered the 2005 GT convertible. Love both cars never a problem. When I take them in for service they take me right in, change the oil, fill the tank and wash the cars and say NO charge. The dealer told me "We want us to be your dealer for life, thanks for doing business with us." The Toyota and Lexus dealers on the other hand think they are doing YOU a favor when you buy their cars. I'll never leave Ford.

mike hunt

Tom Adk>

.

mike hunt

Reply to
MajorDomo

What dealer is this? I've been buying Fords for quite some time now via 4-5 different dealers in my area and never once have I received free service unless it was warranty work.

Don't get me wrong, they're nice and courteous, but don't give anything away for free.

I suppose I can see a free oil change for a certain period of time, but I must admit I'm somewhat skeptical that they'll fill your tank for you....

Reply to
Mark

Perhaps if you bought a new $45K or $30K vehicle from them every September or October, as I do, you too would be treated as well as I. For a dealer the cost to him of a free oil change, wash job and a tank of gas every six months or 5K WOF is not really that much of a deal. Free scheduled maintenance is part of the Lincoln warranty, the dealer offers the coverage on the Mustang and also provides free annual state inspections. For any good businessman, with the goal of acquired and retaining customers, that is a very low cost way of doing so. ;)

mike

Mark wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo