08 F150 peeling around the gas door

Just wondering if ford Canada is doing anything about the vehicles which are peeling around the gas door?
Mine has 30k mi / 50k kms on it and its starting to peel off.
I think what is going on is the plastic fill tube neck is vibrating and chipping the paint
If ford does nothing, I was thinking about putting one of those chrome gas door covers on to cover up the peeling area and hopefully prevent the remaining paint from chipping away
I see 05's going with an area about 4" around the door all peeling off... and 07's with about 1/2" to 1" mostly on the bottom
I don't recall seeing any with peeling paint.... car, truck, whatever.... Lots and LOTS with rock chips.... especially if some wiener leaves the fuel filler door open and drives on gravel....
Now... we need to assertain if the concern is "PEEL" or "CHIP".

Jim Warman wrote:

Well first of all, the door was never left open, i always take the care to make sure the plastic is out of the way allowing the door to fully close. they are not chips... the paint is flaking away from around where the plastic fill neck begins.
Should i take some pics?

What did the dealer say when you took it to the service department to ask them?
Jeff

A couple photos are worth 1,000 words. Post them and put a link here, I am unbiased and will tell you if its something that the factory did wrong, but this is the first I have heard of paint coming off of a vehicle that new.
We have a bunch of 07 or 08 Ford F150s at work, and there is none doing anything like this.
FWIW, take it back to your dealer.... faulty paint is faulty paint and will be covered under warranty... chipped paint, OTOH....

Isn't your truck still under warranty?
Ed