09 Escape Headlight Question

Will my headlights turn off automatically after several minutes if I accidently leave them on? This is in the normal headlamp (On) position, not Autolamp. My manual says the Escape has a "battery
saver" feature for the interior lights and Autolamp, but nothing about the headlamp on position. Seems strange. Thanks.

Don't know for certain about the '09, but on my '02, the lights turn off after a short period of time. I've never timed it, but it seems to be less than a minute. You could always turn yours on, get out of the SUV and wait and see. The lights being on for 2 or 3 minutes isn't going to hurt your battery, and it will probably be less time than that if they do automatically shut off.
SC Tom