Subject Author Posted Replies

NHTSA investigates Ford Windstar fires
Perhaps it's a good thing that Ford decided to exit the minivan segment. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has launched an investigation involving Ford Windstar minivans produced...
1
1

FS: 1997 Ford Mustang...not mine, good deal though...
Just a heads up to some of you Mustang fans, I'm not the seller, I just happen to come across this and frequent the group a bit. Maybe someone can turn a cheap car like into something cool: 1997 Ford...
2
2

Working with pulley bearing
I had the hi-pitched squeal when starting '94 TBird LX V8. Appears to be the idler-arm pulley bearing. A long time ago, Lugnut was good enough to render tips on bearing replacement. I'm way behind the...
9
9

Ford eyes smaller F-150 cousin
Ford eyes smaller F-150 cousin Pared-down pickup would boost CAFE DETROIT - Ford Motor Co. is developing a lightweight, more fuel-efficient pickup truck to slot in below its flagship F-150. The new...
15
15

brake pedal slowly goes to floor (94 Crown Vic)
I have a 94 Crown Vic with 4 wheel anti-lock disc brakes. While sitting at a stop light with my foot on the brake I notice that the brake pedal very slowly goes to the floor. Is this a defective...
5
5

any takers....
hi all, does anybody here know if the 2006 ford fusion requires a special tool to compress the caliper pistons back in when changing the breaks? also what type/size are the caliper bolts. i have been...
1
1

Someone please help!!
My 1996 Ford Windstar has failed aircare due to high NOx emissions. I have already tried the stupid tricks that BTW, DON?T WORK. Anyway, the mechanic told me it?s the cat converter. He also told me it...
31
31

Horse Power vs curb weight
I'm considering a '07 Fusion, 4 cyl. 5 speed manual, currently drive '03 Olds Alero V6 automatic. The Olds has plenty of pickup and decent gas mileage (26-27 mpg) for the driving I do. Would like to...
9
9

seal blew & now i can see camshaft rotating!
the camshaft seal failed on my fester, with the oddity that i can actually see a small section of the camshaft rotating, i.e a quarter inch section of camshaft at the end has been exposed where the...

A 21st-Century Model T? Ford Kicks off Design Competition
Affordability is the key for the new take on what Henry Ford dubbed his "universal car." The post-millennial Model T must have a "base target price of only $7,000." Read More: NewsHub: Latest auto...
1
1

Can't get off the power steering cap
I have a 1990 F150 pickup. I know the power steering fluid is low from the noise. The cap is a plastic thing with 2 fins to turn. I have tried and tried and it will not come off. If I push on those...
7
7

Check Engine light
No its not stuck on, its stuck off. It does not illuminate briefly when you start the truck and thus will not pass a smog check in CA. I'll be fixing this 1988 Ford Ranger P/U this weekend and having...
53
53

Replacing power antenna mast on 1998 Explorer
Good morning. The power antenna mast has been snapped off from my 1998 Explorer. What is involved in replacing this? Will I need to access the antenna unit from inside the fender? If so, how do I get...
1
1

aerostar-ac/heat
I have a 1994 Ford aerostar. I bought it used in the winter. The AC works, but no matter where I put the selector switch, the air comes from the defroster vents by the windsheild and the heater vents...
4
4

1966 RIVIERA 425 NAILHEAD W/ST400 SP-COMPLETE DRIVETRAIN$1200