Subject Author Posted Replies

Knocking sound from car
I have a knocking sound that is seemingly coming from the nearside of the car. When accelerating, changing gear the noise sometimes happens. I can force the noise to happen if I accelerate heavily....
2
2

Looking for front fender
I am looking for a 98 mountaineer front right fender
1
1

Maintenance schedules?
2002 Ford Taurus, what is/are the maintenance schedules for changing things like the oil/tranny fluids? Also, what oil weight? Like 20/50 5/30 etc?? Also how do I know if I have 'green' or 'gold'...
13
13

Raunchy Profane TV commercial from 1966!
Car Salesman Finally Tells The Truth Hillarious Tv Ad

1997 Lincoln (Cont'l) rear view mirror problem.
Hi all, My lincoln rear view mirror has a glare control feature which I seldom used. It suddenly become darken as if it encountered a glare. and never returned to the normal position. I see that...

Zero clearance
What exactly is zero clearance in terms of valves and lifters? Does it mean that the rocker arm pads are always in contact with the valve stems? Thanks in advance
11
11

1988 351 with fuel inj stalls at idle speed
Any suggestions. ALso this is in a camper Van E250 extended, Van has set awhile but I have run new gas through it, thnking of doing a rebuild to the CARB/Fuel inj, early type. Also anyone good books...

Replace plug wires on '94 4.6L
Replace plug wires on '94 4.6L '94 Tbird LX V8, 68k mi. This 4.6 has a 4-wire "distributor" on each cylinder bank. Each "distributor" feeds spark to 2 cyl's on its bank as well as 2 cyl's on the...
3
3

Chrysler 1956 331 CID polysphere canted valve cylinder heads-FOR SALE
1
1

Do I have 155 or 200 Horsepower?
2002 FORD TAURUS SE [sedan 4 door] Engine 3.0L V6 SFI OHV FRONT WHEEL DRIVE It seems Ford made two of the same 3.0 liter engines, one was 155 and the other was 200 hp. How do I determine which one...
14
14

2000 Taurus Sway Bar Link
Hello; I was just curious if a bad sway bar link would cause a vibration while driving? It's been needing replacement for quite a while, so I'm sure it's in the worst possible condition. Thanks, Rondo
1
1

Lifter noise / idle problem?
Hello all! I have a `96 Cougar with the 3.8L V6. I am getting what sounds like valvetrain noise from the number one cylinder. When the engine is cold there is no noise, the car idles well, and it...
4
4

FORD AEROSTAR 1992 -Reverse light stays on
My 1992 Ford Aerostar's reverse light keeps staying on even when the car is in drive and or reverse...It is the white backup lights...I had never had this problem before..I did hook a hitch up a few...

How do I change Rear Cab Window 90 F150
While tossing lumber in my 1990 Ford F150 Pickup truck, I knocked out the rear window on the passenger side. Yeah, I deserve idiot award, and I'm still pissed about it. Anyhow, this is a 4 piece...
8
8

Autoblog: Ford-Sponsored Las Vegas Junket
Again, TTAC is not against junketing per se. Although invitations to manufacturer-sponsored events rarely cross our e-transom (for some unfathomable reason), we have tested cars on the carmakers'...