Subject Author Posted Replies

intake manifold removal help, Vulcan 3.0 OHV
Previous thread dealt with codes I was getting and smoke test showed smoke coming out from under the area circled in red in this image: Now the task is how to remove the manifold. I've loosened the...

PO174 and PO171 codes, 2000 Mercury Sable
My two year inspection is due this month and wouldn't you know that my service light comes on with the two subject codes when I had it read by Advance. Researching on here leads to a myraid of...
45
45

plow for 1994 F150 4WD with I Beam front suspension
I have a 7-1/2 Ft Fisher MM Plow that would like to install on my 1994 4WD F150 Extendid Cab. Will plow only my driveway and Garage. Is that feaseable?
1
1

OBD II Data question
My '97 F150, 4.6 V8, is failing to complete the readiness monitor for the CAT. I have an existing Pending Code for P0430, and fully expect the Check Engine light to come on soon with a code, P0420 to...
4
4

E4OD -- Hard shift from 1 to 2
'95 Bronco with the 5.0L V8, 4WD Driving slowly makes normal shift. If a little aggressive on the gas, the 1 - 2 shift is very harsh. All other gears are okay. This Bronco is running oversize tires...
3
3

97 taurus cold start idle speed
3.0 Vulcan. Very slight or no high idle at cold startup. If I use the astro auto start this condition seems to make the starter motor run on momentarily after engine starts. Idle is smooth but no...
3
3

need to run a wire direct from the battery for internal device 2000 Mercury Sable car
Over the next few weeks, I'll be running some equipment in the car that will use more amperage than available from the cigarette lighter/ power sockets in the car. The equipment will use a 500 w...
4
4

89 ford aerostar
loose n coolent , chaced all lines , overheat n but no crossed fluids , dry heatercores . head gasket a may be but maybe a soft plug , any help are sugestions ..thank you

Tire Prices & Veterans Day Sales
I'm seeing the usual Veterans Day sales being advertised, but have not seen any for tires. Anyone seen anything? I made some calls yesterday and for P215-HR7014, 40K miles and more, prices were $50-70...
10
10

rattle at low load on 1995 4.6 T-Brid, where is it coming from?
One owner 1995 Ford thunderbird LX 4.6 v8, 90,000 miles, garaged, rust free, 4 wheel disk brakes , ABS with electronic traction control. A light load on the car results in a rattling noise from...
1
1

Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall
I have a slow lead in the side wall that came from scraping some kind of sharp object laying by the curb. Looks like a 1/2-inch cut, but jagged. Tire is tubeless radial. Is it possible to patch...
81
81

2005 merc can't remove ignition key or shift into park
Unable to shift my 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS into park, or remove the ignition key. I can start and drive the car in all gears otherwise. Any ideas of why this is happening?
4
4

Lamp out light going off and on on 1993 ford tauras
Lamp out on the dashboard of my 1993 Ford Tauras keep flickering off and on.. Could there be a short somewhere???
1
1

Ford remote start problem
2002 Taurus with dealer installed remote start will not crank with remote, cranks fine with key.(and runs) The remote does not give any beep arror codes. 2 weeks ago it worked fine - then one day it...

How many years of Ford F250 pickup beds will fit mine?
Because of experience, I would like to know how many years of Ford F250 pickup beds will fit my 1979?
2
2