Subject Author Posted Replies

Bad IAC?
I have a problem with idling. Symptoms: When idling with the transmission in "D", the engine speed will go up and down (only ever reaching about 800 rpm) and may eventually die. Oddly, if the A/C is...
10
10

Ford Ranger 3.0L Knock 130k miles
I have developed a knock in my engine, frontmost cylinder, passenger side... do we call that number 6 or number 3 cylinder? It sounds to me like it comes from here anyway, i used my listening tool and...
2
2

Ford Ranger Styling
Thailand ford ranger seems to be a much sharper looking truck... Resembles a Nissan i think? And somewhat the 98ish style 4runners? Why is america stuck in the 15 year styling rut? 3.0L, 4-cylinder,...
2
2

Ranger vs. Explorer
What year was it that the ranger split from the explorer. Howcome they made this split? The explorer styling of today looks much better than the ranger... not sure what they did to the drivetrain.....
3
3

1990 F150 4x4 How to shift into 2WD
I just bought a 1990 Ford F150 4WD 4X4 pickup truck w/manual trans. I cant figure out how to shift the 4WD into 2WD. I can shift from 4WD High to Low by pulling the lever toward the front of truck or...
2
2

Changing spark plugs
!992 Lincoln Town Car with 4.6L single overhead cam and 117,000 miles. With the OEM plugs still in the engine, I think it's time for new ones. I've read this group for months and don't recall this...
10
10

'96 Taurus won't shift into OD
Hello, I've got a '96 Ford Taurus 3.0 V6. The tranny will not shift into over drive. Even on the highway at speeds of 70 mph, it won't shift into o.d. Also, for quite a while prior to this, the...
1
1

99 taurus revving problems
MY 99 ford Taurus while in park,,, when I hold the gas pedal to the floor, will only rev to 4000 rpm's and then drop to a normal idle then it go back to 4000 rpm's. This will keep doing this as long...
9
9

2008 Mustang Bullitt will debut at LA Auto Show
Ford today announced that the Mustang Bullitt is back on the streets and will make its world debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show on Nov. 13. Blending the best Mustang ever with the latest Ford Racing...

02 Dome light issue
I have an 02 Mountaineer that thinks a door is always ajar. When driving it says Door Ajar and when you park and shut the vehicle off the interior lights stay on. None of the doors don't have any...
2
2

P0420 in 1996 Ford Contour v6 SE
Hi I own a 1996 Ford Contour SE v6 , I have had it for two years and I love it. Recently I had a Check Engine Light and it was diagnosed as P0420 The machanics reset the codes but it came back in a...
25
25

workshop manuel
who got a workshop manual for a ford scorpio 2.9i v6 out 1994 please help me to get the manual. the dutch version when it is possible. tjitske

Automotive and Computer Diagnostics
Scientific Software : Data Acquisition, Weather Data, Automotive and Computer Diagnostics, Hardware System Information, Binaural Brainwave Generator and much more.

ford escort 97 - service engine soon message
Hi, I have ford escort 97, with quite low mileage: less than 100,000 km. It now displays a message: "Service Engine soon". I took it to a mechanic and he said everything is OK and it displays the...
3
3

Opinions wanted...pimping a Mustang convertible.
A couple of questions with regards to getting a car "pimped" in the Ottawa area. I bought a really nice 1988 Mustang convertible and over the next year or so I'd be looking at getting it "done up"....
8
8