Subject Author Posted Replies

coil ground
Does a coil need to be grounded? My guess is yes, but they are always painted (black) which makes me wonder if I need to worry about it. Carl K
2
2

79 distributor
I am trying to get a 79 351w running. currently no spark. I replaced the coil and ignition module. I can get a spark by hooking the coil - to ground and putting +12 on the + side for a second, so I do...
10
10

Editorial: Free workers by passing federal right-to-work law
Editorial: Free workers by passing federal right-to-work law labor unions were still relevant, Labor Day was a holiday of union-sponsored parades and picnics, a chance to pause from the daily grind...

302 performance build.
We have a forged crank,conn rods, C6 trans, compcams valve rockers,headers and a carter AFB 650 cfm carb already. The engine is a windsor, year 1971, castnumber D1OE-6015-AA, 4 inch bore. Shopping...

UK Ford Fiesta (R Reg) PATS Transponder Key Info Req
I wonder if anyone could help me clear up a few questions I have regarding ford fiesta PATS/Transponder keys. I recently purchased a ford fiesta (uk) that was originally registered in December 1997....

Taurus 1995 GL SW 3.8l, check engine light blinks, codes 181 189. Where to look?
Ford Taurus 1995 GL SW 3.8l. 65000 miles, garage storage, regular maintenance. Recently Check Engine light started to come on occasionally. (5-60 sec on and then off). Self test displays error codes...

Sticky front wheel sensor
Anyone have a tip on how to pull out an ABS front wheel sensor that seems glued in? I took off the mounting bolt, sprayed with WD40, and spent 45 minutes trying to pry the thing out with a...
7
7

OT: Killed by the car wash!
From the Associated Press: Man caught in Michigan car wash dies A car wash employee got entangled in the giant, automatic brushes and died, authorities said. Police were investigating the death of...
6
6

OT: Killed by the car wash!
From the Associated Press: Man caught in Michigan car wash dies A car wash employee got entangled in the giant, automatic brushes and died, authorities said. Police were investigating the death of...

2K Windstar radio ??
Hi, , , , , , I just bought a 2000 Windstar LE. The radio in it is the AM/FM/cas. I want to switch to an AM/FM/cas/CD, stock Ford radio. The wiring diagrams show TWO connectors to the CD radio, but...

1993 taurus 3.8 - OBD codes 337 and 157
I've got a 1993 taurus/sable with a 3.8 engine. The check engine light is on hard! The codes that I pulled are 337 and 157. Within the past year I have replaced the DPFE sensor, the MAF sensor (to fix...

93 crown vic
Would the interior dome light, dash lights, sensor for the auto-headlight control, and radio all be on the same fuse... shorted out when someone cut my factory harness in a theft (could have unplugged...

'94 Econoline Chateau
Just bought a friends 94 Van, beautiful condition, 94000 miles, 6 Cyl. Only one key and remote. Another key was made, and worked fine. The second remote was purchased used on EBay ($12), lots of...

Drive your car to death, save $31,000
Drive your car to death, save $31,000 31 2007: 1:53 PM EDT NEW YORK ( -- By keeping your car for 15 years, or 225,000 miles of driving, you could save nearly $31,000, according to Consumer Reports...
36
36

Ranger coolant color
I have a 2001 Ranger 3L that I bought a few months ago. I'm going to flush the coolant and replace it next week. It has green-colored anti-freeze in it. Do I have to replace with green or can I use...
6
6