Subject Author Posted Replies

Next victim of mortgage mess: Auto sales
Next victim of mortgage mess: Auto sales YORK ( -- Already-battered U.S. auto sales could be the next victim of the problems with mortgages, declining home and stock prices as potential car buyers...

1996 ford f-150 E4OD Transmission Woes
I recently purchased a 1996 F-150, 5.0 with an E4od transmission. This transmission does not slip and shifts really well under quick acceleration. However under normal driving when it reaches approx....
3
3

adding cruise control
How difficult and expensive would it be to add cruise control to a 1997 ranger 2.3L? I would prefer to have the steering wheel with the controls on it. Where should I look for kits or whatever?
1
1

'01 Continental Power Seat Problem
I have a '01 Lincoln Continental and am having trouble with the power drivers seat. It wants to stick in the very back position. If I move the switch a few times it will go forward sluggishly. All of...
1
1

1978 Ford Granada/Mercury Monarch brakes
I'm working on the brakes of a recently purchased 1978 Mercury Monarch. I've never worked on floating caliper disk brakes of this vintage. My experience has been on more recent cars or on the old 2...
4
4

97 ranger PS
I noticed a large puddle of pink fluid under my recently purchased ranger. I see that the steering gearbox is soaked, but the pump is not. Also, the steel parts of the hoses are very rusty. What is...
9
9

1969 Cougar parts needed
Does anyone know where I can locate parts for a 1969 Cougar? I need a hood and the Chrome trim piece that runs along the top of the windshield rail for a convertible. I think the trim piece was also...

1988 F150 Sloppy Steering
The play in my steering wheel was about 3-4 inches on each side of center. I replaced the steering gear with a rebuilt from Advanced and now the play is about 1 inch on each side of center. I was...
4
4

96 Taurus: burned out dash light
I've got one burned out light behind the right side of the speedometer. This is only a minor irritation, therefore if it's easy to replace the light, I will. If it's a PITA, I won't. Can anyone...

2000 Taurus Wagon - Retro Fit Lap Shoulder Belts...
Does anyone have any experience with retro fitting a lap shoulder belt harness, much like the one at this link: daughter has grown out of her car seat and is now sitting in the center seat of the...
2
2

Spy shots of the next Fiesta
Spy shots of the next Fiesta are here know small cars are not big in the US, but these cars are popular in the UK due our narrower roads, and highly taxed fuel prices. The Fiesta is a great seller,...
1
1

Vehicle Speed Sensor
Where is the Vehicle Speed sensor on my 1993 Ford Aerostar 4.0 Liter if it's not on my transmission?
1
1

84 Full size - if 'resistance wire' is bad car dies when key is moved from start to run.
Howdie - I found this post from 10 years ago. I have this problem but think the post is a little bit inaccurate as the wire off the starter relay is the one that does not use the resistance wire. If I...
1
1

2008 Escape
Anyone have any luck on installing dual exhaust on a 2008 Ford Escape Limited yet? If yes, any thoughts, recommendations. Thanks, Jim PS Anyone find any aftermarket front grills that would give it...

94 thunderbird 4.6 fuel sys issue
When driving it hard from a stop to about 70mph when the rpm's get to about 3000 or more the fuel system goes into open1 loop then when you back off the gas it goes back to closed loop. The fuel trims...
2
2