18" wheels on 2003 Grand Marquis?

Has anyone heard anything bad about putting 18" wheels on an otherwise-stock 2003 Grand Marquis LS? The fact that Tire Rack declines to sell plus-size wheels for this car makes me wonder. Any thoughts appreciated. My son is just dying to get chrome rims.

Reply to
GreenShad2

petebert

LOL!!!! Ain't that the truth....

Reply to
Bob

IIRC, the Marauder came with 18 on the front and 19 on the back..... (funky stuff going on at tire shops on those puppies). I'm unsure why a tire store might decline this modification but, and this may be off the wall, I would be inclined to ask THEM why THEY wont do it....

FWIW, if your boy is old enough to drive a car, he should be old enough to ask questions.....

FWIW, I might have been a bit tough on my boy but a week after he turned 18, he signed the final papers on his own house... If you don't make your kid get independent, you are finished....

And all this is in a big "unless".... if you are letting him mod YOUR daily driver, you are in for a big disappointment.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Why would they need to know what type of car you have.... if i order a

235/75/15 they shouldnt care if it goes on my civic or my ranger.

I know the Marauders came with 245/55ZR18, i think they might have even had a different size on the rear... 19's maybe?

So there is absolutely NO reason there would be any problem.

Are they sitll making the marauder?

Reply to
Picasso
18s should not present a problem IF the proper tire size, with a lower aspect ratio, is installed

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No, too bad ;)