Subject Author Posted Replies

Taurus
I have a 1994 Taurus 3.8 that is having the following problem. After driving several miles, getting car up to top running temperature the transmission will slip when I stop. It will catch and then run...

How to adjust speedometer, 96 Grand Marquis
Ok, I swapped out my bad diff (3.27 non locking) with a 3.73 trac-loc. Car is running perfectly now, except for the speedometer (of course). This car has the digital dash board. How do I adust the...
2
2

Wet paint is good sign at Ford (The Plain Dealer)
Ford Motor Co. can't afford to sit around and watch paint dry. So at the company's Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Lake, the automaker is putting wet paint on top of wet paint, drying the vehicle once...
3
3

UAW vs non-UAW
Wall Street Journal - May 23, 2007 ..With the collapse of the DaimlerChrysler experiment, it might be useful to stop referring to "domestic" and "foreign" auto makers. The important distinction is...
25
25

Change or die: It's our choice
Change or die: It's our choice won't say so publicly, because they can't just a couple months before national contract talks begin, but this summer's bargaining between the United Auto Workers and...
1
1

S Code DOHC in a Taurus SHO?
There seem to be a lot of 96-99 Taurus SHO's with bad engines, thanks to a less than desireable cam design. What would it take to replace that engine with a 3.0L S Code DOHC engine from a Taurus LX?...
6
6

dually fenders
Does anyone know where I can find instructions to install fenders to my truck or know how?
2
2

Question on 2000 E-350 Van
Hello All, I have a question for the group. We were towing a travel trailer with our 2000 V-10 E350 van, and after driving about 400 miles between Ft. Davis and New Braunfels, Texas we encountered the...

Chance to speak out on gas prices:
There a bill in the House this week that could make gas price gouging a federal crime. There is a petition urging representatives to pass this bill this week. You can add your name if so inclined.
2
2

2002 Ford Escape 4-cyl manual dies on idle, or coming to a stop
Usually it happens when the engine has warmed up. When you approach a street corner, you apply the brake and downshift, the rpm drops to 0 as you depress the clutch to select your gear. It also...
2
2

cant start a lincoln
i have a 1996 ford lincoln donot start it was running good but it stop after that dont want to strat it crank i check the puel pump y check the plugs wires .

Car won't start
My wife has a Ford Taurus wagon that is maybe 10 to 12 years old. She bought a Toyota Camry last spring and I started driving the Taurus a few times each month. It always started easily. Around...
5
5

Resistance is futile
industry analyst Rob Golding...observed that the financial markets appear to have heavily backed the Japanese carmakers to succeed in the long-term. "What is truly staggering is the degree to which...
18
18

Ford has low rate for updating its 2008-11 vehicles, forecast shows
Ford has low rate for updating its 2008-11 vehicles, forecast shows PRESS BUSINESS WRITER Last year, Ford Motor Co. said it would revamp its entire lineup of Ford, Mercury and Lincoln vehicles by 2010...

1993 Mark VIII
I bought a 1993 Lincoln Mark viii. It is hit hard in the rear and also the front. The car has not run for 3 years but still turns over by hand , oil looks good, all electical looks good. I can't get...
1
1