Subject Author Posted Replies

Ford XY compatible heads
Can any later model cross-flow heads be attached to a 1971 Ford XY 6 cyl 250 engine block? Would this improve the fuel economy? Appreciate any information.

model t specs
Hi All, I need to find some of the practical specs for a 1923 Model T. I'm looking for practical info like oil weight (30 weight?), oil quantity, antifreeze type and quantity, etc. Are there any...
1
1

1961 Ford Falcon part needed
Having trouble finding a passenger front fender for my fathers pride and joy. hes exhausted all of our local leads. he was hit by a young guy and that persons insurance isnt helping out much. if...
6
6

MPG - Humor
STUDY ON THE IMPORTANCE OF BEER A 2007 study by Texas A&M University found that the average American walks about 900 miles per year. Another study by the American Beer Institute found that American...

Mondeo-strange bleating noise from rear
I have inherited an M reg 1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8td and am getting what I can only describe as an intermittent bleating noise similar to a strangled horn sound which seems to be coming from the boot...
3
3

Ford windstar 1995 transmission fluid
Does anyone know what type of transmission fluid does a ford windstar 1995 take?
2
2

97 Ford f350 crew cab 4wd front end shakes on bumps
I just replaced the steering box and all the rods from the box to the wheels to fox this problem, it did nothing. Truck has 200,000 miles, if I hit a pothole with either left or right front tire, the...

760 Van 460 timing
I just replaced the stock ignition in my 76 E250 460 CID engine with a complete MSD wire set, billit distributor, blaster 2 coil and 6Al module. The instructions say to start with setting the timing...
3
3

1994 XR7 Electronic Transmission Prob
For 2 years my 1994 XR7 V/8 has been jumping out of OD momentarily and revving in neutral. I know this problem has been reported but I've seen no solution. I have done a search on this forum. The oil...
1
1

Troubles with 1990 ford aerostar van
dead starter system, does not even click anymore.
26
26

Engine Replacement
I have a 1994 Ford Escort LX with the 1.9L I-4 and 136k miles. I was told that one of the cylinders lost compression so essentially the car is running on only 3 cylinders. I went to a junkyard and...
7
7

Seat Belt removal on 89 Mustang - what is the torx bit size to use?
Hi - I have to remove the short piece with the buckle on it because the buckle has broken - I can feel the bolt that holds it to the floor but can't see it - I am just wondering if someone knows the...
2
2

Front Seats in Taurus
Hi, , , I just bought a 2005 Taurus and after driving it for awhile, I find that the drivers seat is VERY uncomfortable. It seems that it is just too thin, and hard! has anyone noticed this, and if...
1
1

1961 Ford Falcon Fuel Filler Tube
The early, abrupt bend in this filler tube makes fueling without spilling difficult, if not impossible. Fueling is such a pain in the ass, my girlfriend is considering selling "Grace" b/c she can't...
4
4

clutch
Does anyone have any idea how much work it is to replace the clutch in the 1992 Ford Taurus SHO?