Subject Author Posted Replies

clutch
Does anyone have any idea how much work it is to replace the clutch in the 1992 Ford Taurus SHO?

Navistar seeks $2 billion from Ford as engine battle escalates
Navistar seeks $2 billion from Ford as engine battle escalates Reuters / May 2, 2007 - 3:00 pm / UPDATED: 5/2/07 4:10 P.M. CHICAGO (Reuters) -- Truck and engine maker Navistar International Corp. said...
1
1

2003 Explorer NBX stalls
Hey guys, I've got a 2003 Explorer (V8 NBX) with 50k miles on it. Occasionally it stalls out when coming to a stop at an intersection. I can put it in neutral or park and it cranks right back up....

My 93 Explorer 4.0L V6 4x4 needs an engine - 95 Windstar 3.8L V6 needs a transmission
Will a 3.8L V6 from a 95 Winstar bolt up to a 93 Explorer 4x4 transmission and will the computer run the 3.8L? I have $350 in the Explorer and the Winstar is taking up space at Dad's, he would give it...
4
4

'89 Mustang, gas guage intermittent
Out most of the time, comes back every once in a while. Any known issues with this model? Thanks,
5
5

Location of DLC on 94 Taurus
I borrowed a code reader but can't find where to plug it in. Does anyone know? It's not on Google , not in the owner's manual or in the Haynes Manual I bought. Thanks for any info, Drew P. Droz
3
3

Ford Taurus Timing Belt
I juat bought a 2002 Taurue SE with 3.0 V6 engine. I looked on the gates timing belt site and see no timing belt for this year. Is this an intereference engine and does it have a belt or chain? TIA
1
1

Headlights and Backup Lights - '96 Taurus Wagon
My headlights, in the regular "on" position, seem to now be underpowered. The "high beam" position seems to be about what regular strength of headlights should be. Also, high beams operate only in the...
4
4

RR brake troubles Aerostar 95
Van has set for a few years with a rusted out rear brake line. I finished routing a new one. I'm not an expert on ABS, but have some knowledge to know there are certain procedures to follow to keep...
1
1

Focus 1800 Intermittent Idle Issue
Hi, My year 2000 UK Focus has developed an intermittent fault. Normally it's when the engine is warm, and I've been travelling above 60mph. When I take my foot off the accelerator, the car will keep...

Replacing VSS in 99 Taurus
Any ideas how much of a pain this would be? I do have access to a lift if needed, but if I can get to it without going there, would be a better thing. Anyone gotten to it from the top before?...
3
3

Fusion vs Camry and Accord - the Ford Challenge
Wall St Journal - May 1, 2007 Barry Engle, Ford's new North American marketing chief, acknowledged that companies usually avoid giving free advertising to rivals. But he said the challenge ads are...
21
21

oil sludging
With all the anal chat on here about how often to change your oil. I have to say that in England and Europe oil changes are factory recomended at above 12,000 miles or so I have heard .Now maybe their...
6
6

Dome light stays on
Hello, The dome lights in our '98 Windstar stays on, even when all doors are firmly closed. Any ideas what I should check? Thanks in advance.
4
4

My 92 Ranger transmission issue-Final post
Thought I would post one final comment about my transmission issue and me replacing the manual valve in the transmission. Turns out a local transmission shop happened to have a used manual valve for...
1
1