1938 Pickup

I've run across a '38 pickup for sale which a friend,who knows a little about the truck, says has a '48 engine (I haven't had the opportunity to look under the hood). In any event, before I become too serious about
this truck, are body/interior parts hard to find? Have a lot of parts been reproduced? How about adding more modern features like back-up lights - are there things like that that can be put on a '38 pickup? Any web sires you could suggest? Thanks!
Mike ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com)
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:53:24 -0600, tbirder

Check out Joe Smith and Dennis Carpenter just for starters. I think you will be able to find pretty much anything you need in repro if your wallet can handle it. I've been working with my BIL on his '41. The only problem we've had is financial. You should also pick up a copy of Hemmings Motor News at a good book store. It is published monthly and, you can find a copy in many libraries.
Good luck
Lugnut
Somewhere I missed what make and model (I know this is a Ford ng but others dew drop in; )... Anyway, you might check LMC Truck (www.LMCtruck.com). Not sure how far back they go for Ford trucks. If they have a toll free number you might give them a call and see if they can refer you to someone local to you.
wrote:

Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Might want to check out J.C. Whitney Catologue as well. You can order it online and also check what parts they have available. Last time i looked they had alot of reproduction stuff that could come in handy. Take care Robert