Subject Author Posted Replies

Binding in steering
When I move my steering wheel all the way to the left or right, it binds up. It feels like something is obstructing the tires when I then start to drive. It also happens when I take very sharp turns....
1
1

2007 Ford Escape ... worth buying?
Currently I'm in the market for a new vehicle, and after my years of driving a Ford Escort GT, I've decided to stick with the Ford brand!! So I've been looking really closely at the 2007 Ford Escape...
17
17

Binding in steering
I have a 1993 4x4 Explorer. When I turn my steering wheel all the way to the right or left and then start driving, there's a binding. It almost feels as if the tires are running into something. This...
1
1

Former Ford worker, Lee Iococca, says Plug in hybrids next big thing
Lee Iacocca, who used to work for Ford, talked about the American auto makers. Mr. Iacocca, who was asked to run Chrysler when Chrysler was acquired by DimalerBenz (oopsie, it was a merger of equals),...
7
7

Ford loses only $282 Milllion
Ford last only $282 million last quarter. That's down from losses of over $1.4 billion last year for the same quarter. They claim they are on track with their recovery plan.
5
5

Ford #6 auto brand
In a determination of the value of brands, Ford was ranked #6, at about 1/3 the value of Toyota. The rankings: 1 Toyota $33.4B 2 BMW $25.8B 3 Mercedes $17.8B 4 Honda $15.5B 5 Porsche $13.4B 6 Ford...
2
2

Anyone own an '85 Ford F150?
Friend bought one and says the power steering is way too sensitive at highway speeds. Does the sesitivity of your power steering decrease as the speed increases? Thanks
4
4

Fuel Injector Question 4.6
Replacing manifold and someone suggested new O-rings for injectors. Should I replace all 16 or..? I bought a package at AutoZone and in only contained 12 O-rings. I had the guy double check to make...
2
2

Windstar sway bar
I have a 96 Windstar and the sway bar rusted and broke. I removed it and hardly noticed any difference but in the state I live it failed the safety inspection. I'd like to get one more year out of...
2
2

1993 T-bird shoulder belt
Passenger side female receptacle for shoulder belt clip refuses to admit the clip. This is the receptacle that travels from the back to the front of the top of the door opening when the door is...
1
1

Single piston engines
Since yuppies tend to live real close to the area they work, wouldn't it make sense to offer a car that did what they needed? They don't need something that can go over 60MPH and don't need a ton of...
81
81

4.6 water pump removal
Original 97, 165K. Any tricks? All bolts removed. Doesn't seem to want to budge. Afraid to get too physical. Have butane but seems like that could work backwards. TIA
3
3

Ford batteries
My wife was driving her 2004 Mustang the other day when the entire electrical system died. The radio went dead, the engine stopped, the dashboard lights and indicators went crazy. The engine wouldn't...
2
2

SPAM - Re: Poam
No this is SPAM

03 Taurus Steering Noise
It has been like this since almost new, noise is louder in colder temps. It is a moan kind of sound as the steering wheel is turning in the counterclockwise rotation. Feels like a hydraulic sort of...
4
4