Subject Author Posted Replies

96 Grand Marquis LS rear end information?
Could anyone tell me the rear end ratio on a 1996 Grand Marquis LS? My differential is on the way out (I was told one of the splines was broken off when it was last serviced, and have been babying the...
4
4

1972 Ford Torino--3 of them
My brother has 3-1972 Ford Torinos, good for parts, that he would like to find appropriate homes for. He has given me more details now: 1972 Ford Torino Squire 4-door station wagon, probably only good...

VIN Number on a Ford Ranger Bed?
I need to know where the VIN number is on the actual bed on a Ford Ranger. It's a 97 Ranger / Splash. I need the VIN number to use it on another truck.
4
4

Please Help 1992 Ford Crown Victoria
This problem pertains to the Air Suspension on my crown vic. I know that i have a small hole in the left rear air bag however i'm a college student and can't afford the "right" fix at the moment. The...
9
9

1997 ford probe 4 cyn blown head
i have a 1997 ford probe i bout it used like 2 months ago when i bout it it was runnin fine until 1 monrnin i started to run rough for about 30 seconds i ask around about the prob friends and family...

1985 Ford F150 power steering question
Have a friend who owns a 1985 F150, 5.0 Fuel Injected. He says the power steering at higher speeds is so sensitive he's afraid he's going to roll the truck, if he has to try to quickly avoid something...
1
1

Help w/ Lincoln Steering prob- left turn squealing
This is a kind of groan/squeal, only on left turns, esp @ low speeds.I can feel a bit of tightness in the steering wheel as this happens.Loud enough to be heard over engine. Help!
1
1

smoky ford escort turbo deisel help please
Hi Guys, I was hoping you can help me, I've recently purchased a 1995 Ford Escort Turbo Deisel, and although the car drives very well and there seems lots of power, if I put my foot down to accelerate...
6
6

1999 Mercury Sable Valve Body rebuild
Can the valve body (main control) be removed and replaced/rebuilt without removing the transaxle? 1999 Mercury Sable 3.0L 24V engine 135,000 miles Harsh 1-2 shift Other shifts are smooth No leaks....
1
1

Squeaking/Ratting Suspension - 96 Grand Marquis
I have a 1996 Grand Marquis LS with around 200,000 km on it (~120,000 miles). The car has a rattling noise going over bumps coming from the front passenger side, and also has a loud squeaking/groaning...
5
5

'They're throwing us to the curb'-Lee Iacocca
not necessarily a ford thing but the downfall of Detroit is a hot topic hear and Lee makes some good points. from Fortune Magazine: In a new book, Lee Iacocca asks, Where Have All the Leaders Gone?...
28
28

95 Sable 3.0L Overheating
Fan not coming on. Turn on A/C and fan runs. Turn off A/C and fan continues to run until engine cools off. This car has a single fan on the radiator. Bad coolant sensor or some relay somewhere? Seems...
6
6

Report: Ford not ruling out sale, partnership
Report: Ford not ruling out sale, partnership (Reuters) -- Ford Motor Co. has not ruled out an eventual sale or partnership as the automaker cuts jobs and closes plants in an effort to recover from...
1
1

Van windows
Hi all. I am presenting my question in the Ford newsgroup because I am considering buying a used Econoline. The van has side windows, but I am planning on building a shelving unit or two inside. Is it...
3
3

New motor for cars?
This could be a new electric car motor :-}