1961 Ford Falcon Steering Column

I need a steering column for a three speed 1961 Ford Falcon 2-door station wagon. Help. It's for my son, cause something in his broke over the weekend. You can also call me at home, 707-942-4767. I live
in California. My name is John Waters Jr.
On 13 May 2007 17:45:20 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I don't have one - but what broke?
Odds are good that if you get it apart and stripped down to component level, and walk into a parts counter or a really good wrecking yard with the broken part, they'll go "I recognize that!!" and know where to get one.
A lot of small components in your car come out of the "corporate parts bin" or from outside suppliers' "standard items" and were used in many different car models, for many years (sometimes many decades) of production - they don't have to spend between $50K and $500K to design and test a new part and set up a production line, just find an existing production part that works in the application and order 10,000 shipped to the factory.
--<< Bruce >>--
On Tue, 15 May 2007 04:29:44 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman

EXTREMELY good chance parts from 64 Mustang column will fit. Just about EVERY part of a mustang of early years is available in quality aftermarket if nor NOS or good used. Very reasonable too (compared to Mopar stuff - e-body in particular)