1962 Gord Galaxy 500

BlankHi Folks:
Does anyone know where I could purchase a 1962 Ford Galaxy 500?
Thanks! Steve

Blankwww.ebay.com
Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @ http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt
R0lGODlhLQAtAID/AP////f39ywAAAAALQAtAEACcAxup8vtvxKQsFon6d02898pGkgiYoCm6sq2 7iqWcmzOsmeXeA7uPJd5CYdD2g9oPF58ygqz+XhCG9JpJGmlYrPXGlfr/Yo/VW45e7amp2tou/lW xo/zX513z+Vt+1n/tiX2pxP4NUhy2FM4xtjIUQAAOw= ------=
Stephen Kingery wrote:

Stephen, First it's Galaxie, not Galaxy. Although isn't there an Aussie car called Galaxy? Do a Yahoo search for "Ford Galaxie", there's a few sites devoted to them. Most have forums with cars and parts for sale. May I ask, Why 1962? They surpass the 1960 (Yeech)along with the '61 (much better) in looks but are not really sought after. I owned a 62.5 Galaxie 500 XL for a while many years ago. The body style wasn't really impressive,IMHO, but the interior was pretty cool with the buckets, floor shifter and rear mono speaker. I could just never warm up to the body style. Performance wise, with a 390 4-bbl and 4 spd. it was no slouch. IIRC the factory wheels, or covers were sharp, although I can't picture them right now. Maybe these cars are just under appreciated. I know the selling price jumps up with the 1963 or 1963.5 hardtop fastback. Ford was in full race form back then. You just mught be looking for an, as yet, underappreciated jewel. This was in the middle of the horsepower wars so the 62 could have merits that I'm not aware of. Maybe an early 427 side oiler??             Good Luck, Tom
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 20:00:33 -0400, Stephen Kingery

Stephen Kingery wrote:

Here you go:
http://tinyurl.com/2qs6d
Rob
Well, if you're in the Jacksonville, NC area there's an old banana boat yellow one sitting out in formt of Hartsfield's Pawn shop on Hwy 24 West between Hubert and Jacksonville. Although it may be a 63 or 64. I haven't gotten out to look at it.