1965

Friend of mine is thinking about restoring a 1965 Ford Galaxy, any news groups or links , recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Felix

Reply to
MADDOG

Just wonder... What does the model badge on your car say? Ford uses Galaxy as a marque on non-US models.

I dont usual point out pay sites or clubs, but if I had one that I wanted to restore, I'd consider this site, sometimes you get what you pay for and it's well worth it:

Backyard Mechanic

The members of

will provide a wealth of information on this restoration.

I am re-doing my 66 Galaxie 500 with help from Fordmuscle.

Frank

Reply to
Frank from Deeetroit

The best resource I've found is

. My first car wasa '67 Galaxie and I currently drive a '68 Galaxie. I currently have 2 '68Galaxies and ahve sold my '67 a few years ago. I have done a lot of workrestoring my buddy's '66 Galaxie convertible, and have worked on a few other'65-'68 Galaxies. Galaxies are great cars. Very sturdy and reliable, andthey are some of the best looking cars ever made, in my humble opinion. Ifyou ahve any quesitons fire away, I'll be happy to help however I can. Cory

***
Reply to
Cory Dunkle

67,Im' going on memory here. I recently picked up a 66 XL. 390\auto. luckily it's originally from "not northern Ohio" so the frame is solid. Nice survivor car. Ugly teal green with a white painted top and white interior. The only shine left is on the chrome. No rust to speak of. Factory A\C and a dealer installed Lear\Muntz designed 4-Track tape player. 82K showing on the non-working odometer. The dual exhaust is pretty ragged, but that was a great bargaining point.(well, I can't hear the engine for the exhaust) It needs an idler arm, of course. $1000 and I drove it home from near Crossville, TN to near Cleveland. The closer I got to home, the more it roared as the exhaust deteriorated. (I wasn't worried. 38 psi of oil presure all the way, I conected a gauge at the motel and taped it to the windshield. Gave it a Jiffy Lube oil change and quick Auto Zone tune up also). Long story short, I had a truck and trailer on the way back from Florida. We took a detour to Crossville and I saw the car in someones front yard for sale. Funny what you find when you're not looking.
Reply to
Tom Adkins

"MADDOG" wrote in news:444c9b4d$0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.impulse.net:

Well, the first question would be "Which Galaxie?"

If it is a 2dr HT with a big block, then restore away. If it is a 289 2bbl 4dr sedan.........

We see cars come in every day that are beautifully restored examples of VERY non-desirable models. The owners have spent 3-4 times what the car will ever be worth restoring it. They are appalled when we tell them we will give them 1500.00 for a car they just spent 10,000.00 restoring.

Just a thought.

CCC

Reply to
Collector Car Central