1966 Chevelle SS charity raffle

Hi all. The National Children's Organization has launched their summer fundraiser, this year's Grand Prize is a 1966 Chevelle SS! I thought you guys might be interested. Check them out at

Tickets are $25 each!

-Good luck!!

Reply to
winamusclecar

I looked up the National Children's Organization on the web. Gee, I couldn't find them on Charity Navigator.org or guide star.org. According to the National Charity Organization's website, they do boating with kids. A worthy activity, but, is this what you really want to support?

I suspect that this organization was a boating organization that got a good car and was renamed so that it would look good in a national campaign to sell tickets for the raffle.

Reported to: snipped-for-privacy@google.com, snipped-for-privacy@hughes.net and snipped-for-privacy@direcpc.com

Reply to
Jeff

Looks like a questionable organization. They are a "determination pending" charitable organization which means they only recently organized as a charity. And when they talk about how much of the money goes to charity they never say, just that the NET proceeds will go to charity. Well the NET can be $1.00 if they spend money foolishly or criminally. The charity they say they will send the money to may well be a fine organization but there isn't anything that actually suggests there is a formal tie between these people selling the tickets and the charity. Any damn fool can apply to get non-profit status and form one of these raffles with a stated goal of giving the NET to charity. I'd want to know a lot more before I'd send them money and they aren't providing any useful info on their web site.

Also, most raffles of this sort only sell a few thousand tickets so your odds of wining in these typically are like one in 4000. This "charity" will potentially sell over 60,000 tickets so your chances of wining are only 1 in 60,000.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

If you look at their contact>affiliate page you will also find they will pay you $1 for each customer that makes a purchase if you referred them to the site. That is why this SPAMMER is posting to a Ford group.

Reply to
I. Care