1969 Cougar Brake question

Does anyone know where I can locate a proportioning valve for a 1969 Cougar? The car has power brakes with disc brakes up front. I have seen some
aftermarket proportioning valves that sell for around $70; has anyone heard anything about these?
Many thanks in advance,
Mark
Might be the same one used for a mustang of similar vintage

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 11:25:32 GMT, "Mark Savoy"

types... adjustable and non-adjustable. Make sure you get the adjustable, unless you are going concours, then you must use the non-adjustable which goes inline about half way between the reservoir and the differential. You also must make absolutely sure which way you install it. As I recall, it is the same part number for both Mustang and Cougar. I believe you'll find it listed in a Cougar parts vendor catalog.
--
Spike

distribution block (has lines from master cyuclinder in and all other lines out)?
Walt,
I need the distribution block; until recently I thought it was the two were one in the same. I ordered a distribution block but when it came in, it only had 5 tubing inlets. The old one has 7. I'm now thinking that cars with disc brakes use if different distribution block. Do you if this is the case and where I might be able to locate one.
Thanks,
Mark

disc and drum brakes use different distribution blocks, also there are a few date specific changes in the configuration of this block. To the best of my knowledge they are available "used" only try several cougar/mustang vendors who advertise used parts and be specific about the one you need.