1972 Ford LTD SW, 5th Door very Difficult to Open

I have a 1972 Ford LTD Station Wagon and the 5th door is very difficult to open. This is the mode where door opens as a normal door (swings out) and
not as a tailgate door (swings down). It takes 3 heavy pulls before it opens. It's almost as if the the door is locked. Does this mean something needs adjusting. What can I adjust. Do I need to have the dealer do this. Would anybody there know about this may be a better question. Thank you

I assume you mean it's difficult to UNLATCH the door, arrived at by "as if it was locked" as opposed to 'difficult to open once unlatched' This is usually caused by wear somewhere in the latch mechanism, same as any door.
I suggest you take it to a competent Body mechanic, not necessarily a dealer... and probably a guy who is older than 20.
you pay..DEAL with it!

You might be right, but I don't *think* that's what's meant. Those doors are HEAVY! Extremely heavy. I think the problem is much more likely that the door hinges are worn and the door itself is dragging in the frame. I've seen that several times in 80 something Crown Vic/Grand Marquis wagons. The 72's door is even heavier.
CJB

It doesn't seem that the door is dragging on the frame. If that were the case I assume I would hear a scrapping sound. This thing takes 3 heavy tugs and then it opens and no scrapping sound. And it closes with no scrapping sound. Thank you

Once you get it loose from the opening, is it still stiff to move? Have you lubed the hinges and lock mechanisms?