1972 Ford Torino

My brother has 3-1972 Ford Torinos he would like to sell, possibly for parts. He lives in the Seattle-Tacoma area. Any interest?
Loretta

theres probly so much rust even the junkyard magnet wouldnt pick em up
What make you believe that, did you think a Torino is a Japanese car? There are lots of early seventies Torinos at old car shows. 1970/71 Torino 500s are common at those shows
mike

One must realize that not all owners properly maintain their vehicles and they may stall out on occasion.
Since I do not have access to every part of the country there is no way I can know how many are still daily runners, but I'm willing to bet there are many more Torinos still running around than there are Japanese cars from the same area. LOL
mike

Well they certainly are far more Torinos at old car shows. One rarely see an old Japanese sedan at one LOL
mike

What make you think the Brits, the Germans and the Italians sold a lot of sedans in the US in the seventies? Go to any old car show and you will see plenty from those counties but rarely a Japanese sedan. There are even all British old car shows. One may see a low mileage 'Z' car or RX7 on occasion, but the old sedans are in the bone yard.
mike

DUH apparently you need everything explain to you like a child. You were agreeing with the referance to the fact that the Torino sold much better than Japanese cars. The Torino also sold much better than European cars yet the Torino and the European cars are appearing at car shows and no Japanese cars.
mike

wrote in message news:H7yVh.11495

Let us review the discussion, shall we class?
He said; There are far more Torinos than Toyotas at old car shows "Since Toyotas were relatively unknown and more people were driving Torinos back then" as the reason there were more Torinos at old cars shows and no Toyotas
To which YOU jumped in with, "Will you stop it? Don't bring in facts and logic into this. Mike can't handle it." Obviously you agreed with his contention
To which I replied logic says total sales is NOT the reason, by pointing out there are plenty of European cars from the period at car shows and they sold fewer of those than Torinos as well. Apparently there MUST be another reason there are few Japanese cars that show up at old car shows.
Perhaps what you need to do is learn how to express your thoughts clearly so that people can follow your convoluted reasoning about who is bring facts to the discussion LOL .
mike

DH wrote:

Japan had not yet learned how to paint a car or keep it from rusting. A '71/'72 Corolla, 240Z, or Honda 600 or Civic was a pile of rust dust by 1976. 100,000 was beyond the life expectation.
The war-horse Fairlanes/Torinos/Montegos/Cyclones(& clones through 1979)lumbered along for decades before succumbing.
Rob
I sold my like new 72 LTD convertible, that cost me around 4k new, last year for $16,000. I should have waited it's worth around $23,000 today ;)
mike

Torinos Rule!!! The nicest luxury sport sedan America ever produced. I cannot wait to find one in decent shape as a project car. I have fond memories of my 73 Montego!

That's for sure, but the Japanese have improved their cars a great deal from what they sold in the seventies.
mike