1972 Mustang Speedometer clip

Iím having trouble releasing the speedo cable from the instrument cluster. Iíve removed the padded dash cover, the electrical connectors to the cluster, and can feel the prong on the cable. However, I canít
remove it from the back of the cluster. I donít want to pry too hard and break the plastic. Any suggestions? The reason I want to do all this is that the faces of the gauges are very dusty, and difficult to read. Thanks
‚úĖ
On 23 May 2005 11:36:18 -0400, jackaroo

I think you push the spring toward what would be the back of the car to release it.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ