1978 F-150 Brakes - PLEASE HELP

The brake pedal is very hard. I have changed out the master cylinder, and now the brake light keeps coming on. How can I tell if I need to change out the power brake booster? If so, how do I i get it off? I removed the 4
bolts, but I can't seem to get past the linkage.

You mean you cant get the linkage from pedal loose?
Do you have a book? Check used bookstores, ebay.
you pay..DEAL with it!
So, I guess what you are saying is, You don't know either?

Look at where the booster linkage attaches to the brake pedal. Remove the retainer clip and slide it off. Simple as that......
you most likely took it apart at the wrong spot. to remove the booster, undo the 2 nuts holding the master cylinder on and move it out of the way. then from in the engine bay, there should be 4 buts behind the booster, between the booster and mounting bracket on the firewall. very tight in there.