1979-1991 Econolines

Hi all,
This may (will!) sound weird, as it does to everyone I have told, but it has been my lifelong dream to own a Ford Econoline van from 1979 to 1991. I
don't know why, but there has always been something I liked aboue the boxy style of the 1980's era Fords, with the rectangular grille and windows, and long, square hood. Anyway, I plan on living this dream in the near future, and was wondering if anyone here is familiar with these vans and can offer some first-hand insight to what's involved, what to look for, and what to watch out for? I'm not actually looking to buy one yet, but when I am ready I want to get the Super Cargo (extended length) and restore it to stock. Thanks in advance for any help!
Ernie