1979 Ford LTC A/C clutch replacement - please help

I picked up a new a/c clutch for my LTD, but can't figure out how to get the old one off. Do I need a special tool?

Reply to
PJ S

yes you do... An AC clutch puller. Oh, unless its the York compressor then you just remove the little bolt it the center and the snap ring under that. The York is the large, kinda square looking unit.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

Thank you very much for the info. I really with I'd taken Auto Mechanics in school!

Shoe Salesman wrote:

Reply to
PJ S