1980 Ford LTD

Hi all, Can anyone point me to a site where i can find info on a 1980 LTD? My brother just got one, 4 door wagon and i can't even find a decent picture of one, they look like the car but there are differences.How many models are there anyway? Also besides ebay is there a good place for parts?He needs the rear bench back rest among other things.I can't search the junkyards because here in Belgium the LTD is extremely limited :) Any info on this car is dearly appreciated

grtz sax

Reply to
Saxomophone

If you mean the Crown Vic, and I think you do, there's a Crown Vic club on the web somewhere. Do a google search for it.

CJ

Reply to
Christopher Brown

The Crown Victoria didn't start on the Panther platform until 1983. The full-size Ford on the Panther platform was the LTD, LTD S, LTD Brougham, LTD wagon, and LTD Country Squire wagon for 1979-1982. The Fox bodied LTD was

1983-up, The LTD Crown Victoria, Crown Victoria, and Crown Victoria LX carried on after that on the Panther. The 2-door was dropped after a minor sheet metal change for the 1988 model year, the wagon was discontinued after 1991 with a major sheet metal and drivetrain change. There may have been "S" models interspersed in this range up through 1991 also, I think my '85 model was an "S". My '82 was an "S" model, badged as such. Base models and "S" models had the two-headlamp system through 1982, the rest had a four-headlamp system. The number of headlamps / doors / wagon / sedan / trim / wheels & covers combinations(vinyl roof treatments & such) can give the impression of numerous different cars, though.

Do some google work:

1979: (one-year-only bumpers)
1980-1987:
(1986)
(1983-1987 taillights) 1988-1991:
Fox Body LTD for comparison:

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1

Will do but isn't that the one with all the wood?

grtz sax

Reply to
Saxomophone

That's a lot of info Thanks :) Maybe it helps if i tell you what it looks like. I called my brother for the vin # and this is what he gave me, but i can't find a decoder for it. QV745128742 If this doesn't look like a 'normal' sequence it could be possible this car was made somewhere in Europe but in any case the model should be the same. As far as i know it only says 'LTD' on the back.It's a 4 door car, dark grey metallic with a black vinyl roof, no windows above the rear quarterpanels, could've been a hearse :)

4 headlights, square grill with Ford letters, no oval. Big chrome bumpers and lot's of chrome trim but i guess that's standard, also chrome trim around the wheel wells and big chrome hubcaps. No trim on the doors or fenders, parking and turn signal lights have clear lenses wich could either be because it was made somewhere in Europe or because it's changed when imported. Hope this helps

grtz sax Interior is blue with a front bench seat, divided armrests.

Reply to
Saxomophone

Look at one of the red taillight lenses and write down all the numbers printed/molded into it. Post them, or a pic of the car! What engine and transmission does it have? How do you sound the horn(steering wheel pad or some other method)?

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1

We're going to pick up the car on saturday, i'll post the details as soon as i'm back. I do know it has a 302 and a 3sp auto on column.

grtz sax

Reply to
Saxomophone