1981 Mercury Capri

I know this is a Ford newsgroup, but I figure the 1981 Mercury Capri used the same transmission as the 1981 Ford Mustang. I have a question. What manual transmissions came with the 2.3L in the above car? I have access to
one that I would like to fit in my 1965 Mustang (currently has a C4). I know this will probably be a big project, but I want to find out how big before I decide to take the transmission out of the Capri. Thanks, Wes
Wes Faul opined in

1. There''s a mustang newsgroup, you know, just click on newsgroup/ add or search and type mustang to set it up
2. FORGET IT. I've had tons of 2.3's and not only would it be a lot of work but even if you had the correct bellhousing setup.. you dont.. and the proper input shaft and clutch config; the 4sp trans is too weak... even the later 2.3 5 speeds wont hold up, even if you have a six, it's torque that kills trannies
Remember , you get what you pay for... or less than you pay for... very seldom MORE than you pay for.