1983 Ford F250 460 Engine Swap & Fuel Problem

I have a '83 F250, 4wd, 460,man. trans. that needs replaced. I have a option to buy a 1972 460 that has been rebuilt with high performance parts. I am wanting
to know if the '72 engine will "plug & play" without any complications. Also I have a fuel problem that at low speeds it runs fine but under load or faster speeds it acts like it runs out of fuel. It has two tanks and if I switch from one tank to the other it will run for a short distance then I have to switch back and forth between tanks for it to run. Any info or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time, Doss