1983 Ford Fairmont Futura

My dad and I just replaced the spak plugs, wires, and the cap they go on. But we can't find the timing screw/nob thing. I am carclueless(literally) and he's no mechanic, but can do a few things. The car keeps backfiring
any idea of what I can do? any/all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
"carclueless" wrote

1 - Tell us which engine it has, so we can tell if you put the plug wires back on the right way.
2 - Tell us what you mean by "timing screw/nob thing". I have no idea. Is it something you think you can adjust, if you find out where "it" is? Is it an actual part that was on the engine, but you lost it? If it is a part, what did it look like, and where was it attached before?
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:14:50 -0400, "carclueless"

check your firing order & sparkplug wiring routing (most likely cause).
IF your timing needs to be adjusted you'll likely have to turn the distributor after loosening the hold down clamp.
Let us know how it goes.