1986 ford f150 gas line <<<need help>>>

i have a 86 ford f 150 anf the gas line was settin on the exaust and burnt a small hole in it it is pretty small but gas can still come out of the line and i dont think those kind of gas lines are made anymore is there something i can splive it with or a gas line i can put in it for a diffrent model i just need to get it runnin thanks cody

Reply to
coonhunter15

use a rubber gas line of the same inside and out side diameter. the hose is available at any parts store. Just cut the fuel line where it leaks and splice on the new tube at least one inch either side of the cut and clamp both sides with small hose clamps. If possible make the new line long enough to reroute away from the heat \source that caused the problem. Dan

Reply to
martin255

OK... I GOTTA speak up.... Some 86 pick ups were carburetted.... about 7 PSI was all the fuel system could muster..... some 86 pick ups were fuel injected... working between 30m and 40 PSI but capable of nearly 100 PSI fuel pressure under the right (or is that wrong) circumstance.

Key phrase from the original poster is "burnt on the exhaust" telling me plastic line.... telling me EFI. A high pressure EFI system is no place for rubber line and hose clamps. The best bet is either a replacement line or a proper repair kit to avoid building a ticking time bomb...

Many may opt for the cheapest repair with no acknowledgement of the safety considerations.... Darwin effect will win...

Reply to
Jim Warman

dont use a rubber gas line any where near a heat source like that!go to your auto parts store and get another line!if its where you cant get the new line off the exshaust, use some foil and wrap around the line.this will keep it from burning the again and keep it from rubbing a hole in it.

Reply to
79ford