1986 Ford LTD Electrical Problem

I just installed an after-market CD player and 2 new speakers for the back. After I installed the CD player, the dash lights don't work. So if i'm driving in the dark, i can't read any instruments. I opened up the CD
player again and found 3 wires that were cut, and i taped them up so they couldn't ground anything out, replaced a burned out 5 AMP fuse, but once i started the car it burned the fuse and still doesn't work. I got the car from my great-grandma who doesn't have the owner's manuel anymore for it, and on the fuse box it says to look at the owner's manuel to see what fuse goes to what. My trunk release button also doesn't work, idk if that is connected with this problem or not, I never used it before the wiring to see if this came from that or not. Any help would be useful. Espically if somebody has a diagram of the fuse box and what each fuse goes to, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.