1986 ford ranger, stumped....

ranger is a v6, 2.9l that wont start. it turns over, getting spark from the distributor. have already replaced the coil and ignition module. some days it runs and some days it won't. any idea's?

thanks

Reply to
erichmj

the coil. have already replaced the coil and ignition module.

Reply to
erichmj

OK, so you have spark. That rules out that part of the equation. How's the fuel pressure? I think the 2.9 in '86 was fuel injected. Is that the case? If carbureted, will it run on starting fluid? Have you checked for a plugged fuel filter?

That's where I'd go. I'm sure the BM, SS and JW may have other ideas.

GMach3

fuel pressure is fine, i made a slight error, i meant to write i am not getting spark from the coil. i put the coil in my other ranger and it works, replaced the dist cap already as well. seriously running out of idea's. even hooked up unit for codes and it registers as all clear.

Reply to
erichmj

Check the electrical connection to the coil. It is very common for these connections to fail.

Reply to
LOOK2X