1987 Ford Ignition Problem

I am getting no spark in the start position.When the key is turned back to the run position spark is present and the motor tries to run.Is this likley in the collum switch or the spark module.I did run a hot wire to
the coil and got a weak spark if that helps.
bobbyjukebox wrote:

Maybe ignition switch, or starter relay, or TFI module. Get the engine trouble codes read (EEC-IV).
it is the ignition switch on the side of the steering colum
there could be allot of things wrong. it could be the solenoid. it could be the ignition switch. you need to get a test light and a service manual and troubleshoot it.

bobbyjukebox wrote:

ok 1 fords of this era have BAD ign switches 2 check the solenoid ... there should be 2 small wires one is from the ign switch (ie it make the solenoid turn on) the other wire i believe supplements 12 `volts to coil for starting.
bobbyjukebox wrote:

by the way had a bad module do it too.