1987 Ford Ignition Problem

I am getting no spark in the start position.When the key is turned back to the run position spark is present and the motor tries to run.Is this likley in the collum switch or the spark module.I did run a hot wire to the coil and got a weak spark if that helps.

Reply to
bobbyjukebox

Maybe ignition switch, or starter relay, or TFI module. Get the engine trouble codes read (EEC-IV).

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

it is the ignition switch on the side of the steering colum

Reply to
jimmyh

ok

1 fords of this era have BAD ign switches 2 check the solenoid ... there should be 2 small wires one is from the ign switch (ie it make the solenoid turn on) the other wire i believe supplements 12 `volts to coil for starting.
Reply to
fireater

by the way had a bad module do it too.

Reply to