1987 Tbird coolant leak

Hi,

I have a 1987 Tbird, 3.8L V6. It's leaking anti-freeze(in steam form) near/around the timing chain cover under pressure with a pressure tester. It drips out when cooling down in driveway, but can't trace from drip. There is no water in the oil. Waterpump was changed a few years ago and doesn't appear to be leaking.

Any ideas? Thanks, Doug

Reply to
Doug O'Neal via CarKB.com

yup your pos needs a timing chain cover cost ya more than the water pump did hurc ast

Reply to
fordsrus12473

you have a collant leak timing cover wouldnt cause this or stop it. try "bar stop leak " or a product like it but water pump could be going bad again especially if it was a remanifactured product

Reply to
fordmandan

"Bar's Stop Leak" GOD NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Thats like cancer for your cooling system, I would use oatmeal before that crap.

Reply to
DR. FAFOOFNlK

cooling

Only because you can't buy Bar's with foodstamps and you can buy oatmeal.

Reply to
bicycle