1988 Ford F-150

I have a 88 Ford F-150 with a 300ci 6 cylinder motor.The motor went bad and i am debating on replacing it with the same motor or go with a V8. I use the truck daily to pull a small tractor weighing approx. 1700 lbs. I need to know if any changes would have to be made if I went with a small V8, and what would be the difference in gas mileage and pulling power if any. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.

Reply to
Chris & Tracie