1988 Ford Taurus Electrical problems Please help.....

I have a 1988 Ford Taurus, without heat! It just stopped working suddenly, I believe it may have blown a fuse but without the cover I have no way of which one is the blower motor fuse. I found one fuse that was blown replaced
it and nothing! I don't have money for a meter, though I did check the system with a test light (probe), but found nothing.
Secondly I have a small problem with the fuel gauge, when it gets down to a certain amount of fuel (say roughly 4 - 5 gallons) it drops off suddenly to empty. If you put fuel in it (say five bucks) the fuel gauge doesn't move at all, unless you put the five dollars in it just as it drops. Further even if you have roughly a half a tank in it and start the car sometimes it just stays on empty, I have checked most of the wires for damage (before I roasted my old meter) and found nothing, I am thinking the sending unit is the problem though, any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any help on these two problems....Wish I could afford to buy something newer but I can't!
Sincerely, Jeigh
E5I5O wrote:

you can get a meter from harbor freight for about $4.00... they are cheap but work for auto use pretty good... www.harborfreight.com they might have a local store in your area.... hope this helps. and it there is no heat as no fan blowing inside the car it might be the heater resistor pack(one or more of the wire resistor probably burned up????
Jim Wrote

Is there a resistor pack in this vehicle, I haven't had the time lately to look into it! Until I get my taxes back I can't really afford even a cheap meter. I was hoping some one had the original cover or owners manual to give me the number position of the fuse. I have been fighting to keep my house here in the extreme cold of the north east. It is far too cold to work on this thing in my driveway and with the ignorance of my now ex wife I could have never owned a garage. Of course I hope only to get this problem (which started a week ago) fix ASAP. Thank you for the information.
Sincerely, Jeigh

replaced
at
if
afford
=================You can test all the fuses one at a time with the test light...Just touch both sides of the fuses, both sides should light.
And if you're low on funds.....think wrecking yard for parts......