1988 ford tempo

I was wondering if you all may have any thoughts on this, it started sputering and wouldnt run, i parked it for about 3 months, i decided to fix it, i have put ox sensor, all new injectors, a new computer, fuel
regulater, complete tune up, fuel pump, a couple other things i may be forgetting, it will not stgart, if i spray gas in it it will run but will cut off as soon as I stop....help please had about enough of it ..thanks Shannan it is 5 speed, gls 4 cyl. thanks again
shannan wrote:

would be a good place to start. That 88 might have a inertia switch in the trunk that needs to be reset too. (that could cause no power to the pump among other things. Also, don't listen anymore to whoever told you to replace all those parts. Are you getting your advice from an auto parts store owner? Jeez....
thanks shoe for the info tried that already, i am at a loss for what it could it be My husband has no idea either at this point i am ready to can the thing!!
Don't you think that the hundred or so bucks to have a qualified mechanic diagnose the problem would be cheap compared to all those expensive parts you keep throwing at it? Of the parts you listed, the fuel pump is the only one that could have caused a no start. Obviously, it was a guess too.

the fuel pump wasnt a guess it stoped working so i replaced it, then a bit later discovered that the previuse owner had punched a screw driver through the fuel fliter, when it started sputtering, i thought mabey the injecters could be clogged, so none of it was realy a guess i was just eliminating the possibilitys, and yes a mechanic may be a good thing but the car wont start and rather then waste the 40$ for tow dolly and then pay some guy that is most likely as aragant as you i decided to do it myself...
Well, if I misread your post and thought that all the parts were a guess and not the result of a diagnostic test, then I apologize, I must have missed something. Good day, Ted

It sounds to me like $40 to tow it to someone who knows what he's doing would have been a smart move. Throwing all those parts at it was nothing but a mindless waste of money. You say none of it was really a guess? You were just eliminating possibilities? Bullshit! You don't have a clue what you're doing. Tow the damn thing in or junk it. You've probably created more problems than you originally had.
some guy also told me that when i got the computer they should have taken the chip out of the old one and put it in the new one, any thought on that? I called ford and they said that wasnt the case for this model, and so now i am at a loss there too..Thanks again Shannan
Unfortunately, there is nothing any of us here can do to help someone who keeps swapping parts but won't attempt any methodical (or even not so methodical) troubleshooting. Just out of curiosity, what prompted you to replace that computer in the first place? They almost never fail.

shannan wrote:

long time since I worked on an 88 ford:). First if you know the fuel pump runs check pressure at the fuel rail. If you have (the correct)pressure there then you need to check for voltage at the injectors and injector pulse while cranking. Do yourself a favor and check ALL the fuses first.(recap -car runs if you spray carb cleaner in the throttle bore right?)
Shoe, tried most of that too a friend has a diyalisis thing and he is going to bring it over one day next week...I will let you know how that turns out, i think it is is going to be one of the simplest things that we didnt even think about....Shannan