1988 Ford Tempo Whirring Noise up Front

Over the last few weeks, my tempo has developed a very noticible whirring noise up front. I haven't been able to determine which side is more pronouced.

The noise occurs when driving starting at about 10mph. It gets more pronounced as I go faster. I noticed if I turn (swerve) right the noise level decreases.

I have replaced the bearing and axle on the drivers side a couple of years ago.

From other posts, I guess this points to the passenger side wheel

bearing but I haven't been able to pinpoint the noise to that side.

Could it be the axle/CV joints? I don't have any clicking that I would normally associate with the CV joints.

Take Care All

Reply to
ian_journeaux