1988 Taurus Heating Question.....

Ok anybody know what the real world time is to get to the resistor pack on the heater system in my 1988 Ford Taurus. In the reality of this it is snowing as I type this, 10 degrees outside, and I have no garage I can work
on this problem! Not that I mind working on my car but it is far too cold to be outside spending serious time. I need to know what is needed after borrowing a meter from a friend I found that the problem is the resistor after all. I am glad I took vocational auto mech, and have friends in the biz! Thank you to all that answer.
Jeigh

A good three minutes. Hell, if your too cold, just plug it in and let it hang, install it when it's warmer.
wish I could but I can't see out the windows......LOL
Jeigh

Michael O wrote:

Not a good idea. Most resistor packs that are mounted in the air plenum rely on the air moment to keep them cool so they won't overheat and melt open. It could even cause a fire if the hot elements touched the wrong thing.
Bob