1989 Cougar

Hi all,

My 1989 Cougar won't hold a charge. I bought a brand new battery, new terminals, and it still won't hold a charge for more than a few hours. Could it be the alternator? How can you tell?

TIA!

Reply to
Thatgirl1971

Pull 1 of the terminals, put a amp meter in between terminal and post and if it pulls more than 0.5 amps you have a problem.

You have to wait a couple of seconds and let interior lites go out before getting a accurate reading

Reply to
johanb