1989 Ford Diesel 7.3 4x4 f250

I have a diesel truck with a 5 speed. This morning as I was driving the clutch pedal went to the floor. I don't see any linkage or hoses but on the side of the trasmission there is an electrical box. Is this what controls my clutch or am I missing something?

Reply to
tardis

Your clutch should be operated hydraulically, they are in the 460 gas trucks. There should be a small (black, not much bigger than a tennis ball) hydraulic reservoir right up above your steering column under the hood on the firewall. There should be a small black hydraulic line (maybe 3/8 inch in diameter or smaller) running out of that. This small black hydraulic line should run underneath to near the front left area of your bell housing, to the hydraulic slave cylinder that operates the throw out bearing.

Good luck

Reply to
351CJ