1989 Ford Escort question

Hello Newsgroup!
I own a 1989 Escort Gt that I'm slowly souping up. I know that the model I own is comparable to the British RS Turbo. An intercooler from an RS
Turbo was up for sale on Ebay and I wanted to know if it is compatible with an American Ford? Is there a way to adapt it?
Please direct any feedback to me at : snipped-for-privacy@mnstate.edu
Thanks again!