1989 Ford F-150 A/C Repair

I have a 1989 Ford F-150 2WD Extended Cab with a 302 FI Engine and Automatic Transmission.
I assume the A/C in this truck is Factory-installed, but I have no
immediate proof of that.
I was told last year that the A/C compressor had gone out. I have heard when you replace the compressor, there are other parts you should replace as well. I don't want to rebuild everything (after all, it's a 15 year old truck), but I also don't want to kill a new part by skimping on other parts.
I live in South Alabama, so A/C is important enough to fix.
I plan to complete the conversion to R-134a when we fix it.
2 questions... what do I realistically need to replace and does anyone have a favorite online dealer for affordable A/C parts for this era truck?
Thanks,
Steve
drier, expansion tube, flushing the rest of the system would be a good idea also.

Before you do anything be sure the pump AND/OR the cluch is bad. Changing from r12 to r134 you must change the oil. because the drier contains some old oil . . change it, $25+/-. it a good idea to change the expansion tube $5+/- but sometimes its difficult to change. flushing the system (flush $20) good idea but also dificult. dont forget to change o rings $2. There is a couple of web sites that offer exclent info on your need, seach auto ac forms or chat room.

Thanks,
We changed the compressor, the dryer and o-rings. All total, we spent about $250 including the refrigerant and I once again have A/C.
I love the way Ford vehicles will freeze you out of the car! My Chevy Lumina didn't blow anywhere near this cold when we converted it. The truck is cold in less than 45 seconds, even in the oppressive Alabama heat.