1989 Lincoln Heater Core

Hi
Anyone here replace a heater core? I have a bad core and a big dash board. Scares the """" out of me to take this dash off. Any ideas?
thanks
cashmony www.fightingdick.org
I did mine a couple of weeks ago....it takes a while but it is not hard, it's just that you have to remove few things to be able to get acces to the heater core, I did mine in an evening on my 87 Town car....If you have the Haynes book, it will give a good idea....just take your time and it will go well.
good luck!

How do you know it's a bad core? Is it leaking? If it isn't, the problem may be in a control system(water valve, etc). Replacing the core isn't too difficult. Usually they are in a plastic-covered box located directly behind the glove box and access is gained by removing the glove box and then removing the box cover.....all this is done from under the dash.
Dave S
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 2197.public.lawson.webtv.net:
Yes. Leaking inside the car. Finding water under the rug.I have a bad core.....

"Thomas Lane" wrote

Water (clear) or coolant (green)? Has it rained lately?
MasterBlaster opined in

Does it fog the winshield and smell sickly sweet?
"Backyard Mechanic" wrote

What's a hot date that wears too much perfume got to do with it? :)