1989 Lincoln Town Car tail lamps/fuses

Hello, I own a 89 Town Car and was wondering if anyone out there would be of some help dealing with an electrical issue. Last week all of a sudden my dashboard lights went out along with the courtesy tail
lamps. Thinking first about fuses, I replaced just about all of them (and as a plus retrieved the use of my horn!) but alas, no tail lamps. I borrowed a fuse tester and sure enough the two fuses (4 and 15 I believe) responsible for t.lamps were not registering at all (and still didn't after replacing the two again). So a connection somewhere else must be malfuncting, I assume. The bulbs in the tail lamps are in fine working order.
Before I drive it in to the diagnostics shop, does anyone know of some steps per troubleshooting this problem that I can take first? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Geoff PS- If it's possible to email a response, that'd be great.
hi geoff - if your fuses are good, look at your fusable links.
hope this helps.
~ curtis
knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional