1989 Taurus won't start

Hi gang;
I need some advice. I have a 1989 Taurus GL. 3.8 V6, Auto trans, 160K miles that won't start/run. It does fire/start for momentarily after sitting overnight, but doesn't
continue to run. If trying to start sooner, it just cranks and nothing happens.
Symptoms: 40 PSI by gauge at fuel rail Ticking sound from reachable injectors (2) good spark at plug good cranking speed no abnormal sounds haven't noticed loose wiring connections or split/disconnected vac hoses
Friend hooked up OBDII tester: KOEO codes(in order) 22-BP or MAP out of self test range 24-ACT sensor out of self test range System passed
Friend says codes are likely because engine isn't at operating temp. True? Other suggestions for cleaning/replacement/testing?
D Hicks wrote:

Compression?
Check all cylinders. Sounds like the walls may have been washed. How long has it been sitting?
Rob
I haven't checked the compression. I will as soon as I can lay hands on a compression gauge. (Walmart, here I come.) AFAIK, the car's been sitting about 4 months. What does "the walls may have been washed mean?" If you mean that gasoline has washed oil off the cylinder walls, wouldn't turning the motor over multiple times coat the walls enough to reseal?
Thanks, Dustin

Clear the codes and run the KOEO again. Also try spraying a good amount of carb cleaner in the throttle body and see if it will run. If it does its fuel. What is the fuel pressure supposed to be I wonder....?....40 doesn't sound high enough for your port injection. If it runs on the carb cleaner I would pull the fuel filter off and see if it plugged badly or just replace it. It would also wouldn't hurt to unplug the MAP and try it. (that will set the MAP code for sure remember, so do it after your KOEO test)
In morning, 1st hold pedal to floor while cranking... if it tends to start then - the things too rich, if it doesnt fire as it did before in AM, pump heck out of pedal, .. or try starting fluid
If it was only 4 months (unless it was like 110 where it was stored), it should still start but I would try to get as much fresh 87 oct gas in there as possible, then run the pump from the test connector to circulate it a few minutes..plus some drygas, then dont forget change filter
The codes, Map/Bap, especially - has nothing to do with engine temp Any trace of mouse chewing wires? Try unplugging harness connectors to the two sensors and plug back in...trace engine wire harness.. maybe not getting the 5 volt reference. Maybe the harness grounds to chassis near the ECM are bad.
you pay..DEAL with it!