1990 Aerostar: All-wheel drive always engaged.. help please.

Hello,

My 1990 Ford Aerostar van decided last week to continually engage the all-wheel drive... no warning light, no chattering, it's just always engaged. I thought it might work it's way out, but to no avail.

I am not driving on the freeway while this is occuring, and am almost ready to bite the bullet and take it in to a dealer, but was hoping that maybe someone in this newsgroup may have had a similar experience or know the answer to the problem.

Any and all input would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob Hawkins

Reply to
Robert Hawkins

OK, be nice to me now... lol

The aerostar AWD system actually has a warning light when the AWD is activated? Which makes it sound like it's disengaged some times.

How does the system turn the AWD on and off?

Reply to
Clem

Reply to
Thomas Moats

That's helpful information... thank you.

Reply to
Robert Hawkins

Indeed! Thank you!

I should read up on this system. I have an AWD caravan (which has no electronic sensing necessary for engaging the 4WD). But the AWD caravan is a primarily front wheel drive, with secondary rear wheel drive vehicle.

Reply to
Clem