1990 Aerostar Fuel Problem

I've got a Ford Aerostar that will not start (turns over fine.) When I inject starter fluid through the air intake (it is TBI) it fires.

The fuel pump seems to pressurize fine but obviously no fuel reaching injectors. I was thinking the fuel pressure regulator but wanted to get some second opinions before putting the voltmeter on it.

Thanks Kamevil

Reply to
kamevil

How do you know the fuel pump is pressurizing fine? By the sound? (not good enough) How many miles on your fuel pump? You need to get a pressure gauge and report back to the NG. Also, the 1990 Aerostar is MPI, not TBI.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1